Thursday, December 08, 2005

I am in the newspaper again.

I was quoted in the newspaper again. You can see the article here: http://www.sarasotaherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051208/BUSINESS/512080374

Other real estate agents in my office thought I came off as negative on the Sarasota real estate market. It may have sounded that way but I am really not negative on this market. I still think this is a great market. However, it is a changing market. I don't think we will see appreciation rates above 30% anymore.

My comment was about the recent slow down in activity. Everyone knows the market has slowed down. It is a national trend. In my humble opinion it needed to slow down. How many years can you have appreciation rates above 30%? If we see some prices go sideways to slightly up I think we will be primed for another move to the upside.

I also was quoted in saying that the investor participation was totally gone. What I really said was that the number of investors/flippers has decreased. I am still getting contacted by investors who want to buy with a longer time horizon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home