Thursday, January 03, 2008

Canadians looking for Florida real estate



I have not had much time to keep you up to date on Sarasota real estate news as I have been busy with several Canadian home buyers. Take a look at this 5 year chart of the Canadian dollar - U.S. dollar exchange rate. As you can see from the chart the Canadian dollar (Loonie) is hovering around par with the U.S. dollar. The strength of Loonie in conjunction with a depressed real estate market in Florida has caught the eye of our friendly neighbors to the north.

As we were looking at a home today one of them stated to me that "the stars are perfectly aligned for us". I have had the pleasure of working with several home buyers from Canada recently and have many others arriving to look at property in the coming months. Please contact me at 941-308-6491 if you need help finding your next dream home or selling your property in Sarasota.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger GDesignAlias said...

Now is a good time for them to buy too, with prices dropping lower and lower all the time.

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marc,

The question is, what does the dollar's weakness say about the overall state of the U.S. economy ?

The U.S. govt. has decided to pay for their ridiculous and egregious overspending by diluting the value of the dollar, thus screwing every hard working American.

Every time the dollar is devalued, the greenback in your wallet buys fewer goods and services. American citizens are paying for the terrible mismanagement of our govt. through an ever decreasing value in our currency.

Take a look at this chart and draw your own conclusion.

http://tinyurl.com/3xm5wv

Got gold ?

Happy New Year. I hope it's a good one for you.

P.S. I didn't take you for a Heineken man; had you pegged as Mich Ultra or Bud Select guy ... :)

1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe they were only serving Heineken.

Anyway, Marc strikes me as a sophisticated, James Bond, Heineken drinking type.

It's a historic day in journalism. The Herald Tribune put good news about real estate on their front page.

Dave

11:40 AM  
Blogger Marc Rasmussen said...

I like Heineken. I drink Miller and Bud too. ;-)

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

RE: The Herald Tribune:

If people are going there for news on the RE market, then they're way behind the times, IMO. The local fishwrap cannot possibly keep up with all pertinent information that occurs in our local market.


Marc said:

"I like Heineken. I drink Miller and Bud too. ;-)"


TRANSLATION: I'll pretty much drink any adult beverage that's cold and available.

And I resemble that remark ... :)

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home