Thursday, December 15, 2005

Is the Sarasota real estate market picking up again?

Like other Realtors and people involved in the Sarasota real estate market I have been a little slow lately. Actually, I think the slow down is nationally. I have spoken with agents in California and Florida and they all complained of being slow. However, I have picked up a little bit within the last 2 weeks. I sold a new construction in Lakewood Ranch. Within the last 2 weeks I have been contacted by someone looking for a condo on Longboat Key, a couple looking to buy a starter home under $350,000, an existing client/investor who is looking to buy property in Sarasota and Manatee counties, a woman from Belgium looking for a small inexpensive condo, a gentleman who is staying on Anna Maria Island during Christmas week and wants to purchase in Manatee county, an existing client that I have been sending property emails to that wants to step up his search for ranch property, a family looking to move to Sarasota from Bradenton, and another couple visiting in January who are looking for a higher end condo in downtown Sarasota. There have been more but these are the more serious inquiries.

It looks like the season is finally here. It will be interesting to see how much the real estate market picks up over the next 4 months.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marc,
I have a 3 bdr 2 bath house with a attached mother in law apt in the gulf gate area,cornor lot fenced, maybe your starter home client would be interestested in this

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can contact me at mattandcrystal91@aol.com

4:11 PM  
Blogger Marc Rasmussen said...

Hi Matt,

Thank you for the comment but my buyers have already purchased a home.

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home