Saturday, August 18, 2007

Home Selling 101 Part 2

Earlier in the week I wrote about the home selling process. You can scroll down to read it or click selling home in Sarasota.

I just wanted to write an update to the sales process. I did receive an offer on the home and it is now under contract. I am satisfied with the the sales price. Although, I would have much rather sold it in 2005 when someone probably would have paid $425,000 - $450,000. Oh well. Hindsight is 20/20 and we all just have to work in the market we are in, not the market we wish we were in.

The next step is to wait for the buyers to conduct their home inspection. This is planned for next Wednesday. Since the home was built in 2003 I am not too worried about it. The inspector always finds something that needs repair. Keep that in mind when selling or buying a home. Homes are used and things periodically malfunction. Don't get too worked up about it. I have seen buyers and sellers blow up over little items.

I am providing the previous survey and prior title policy to the buyers so they can save a few bucks. Providing this information is not a requirement on my part but it is something easy that I can do and my good efforts helps make it a friendly transaction.

I listed the home June 12th, 2007 and it went under contract just over 2 months later. I don't think that is too bad in a slow market like this. Good thing I listened to my Realtor. ;-) I have my fingers crossed to see if it stays together.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Thomas Heimann said...

Marc, CONGRATULATIONS!! :-)

It's not only good that you listened to your realtor, but also that your realtor (you) had the sense to give you honest feedback and advise.

Your story is a great example that when you do price your home appropriately (not where you wish it should be but where it really should be) AND present it appropriately (curb appeal, cleanliness, etc), then you can get it sold. I am curious to see just where you ended up selling.

As you and I both know, a big challenge that causes so many sellers not to sell in the first place is unrealistic pricing, and unfortunately the vast majority of real estate agents is still either taking listings they know are way over priced and that they should walk away from, or they frankly are ignorant themselves about how to properly price a home.

Great idea to put yourself in the seller's shoes and report step by step on your progress. Hope this will result in some much deserved additional business!

All the best!

Thomas Heimann, President & CEO
BRAVO REAL ESTATE SOLUTIONS
Bravo Brokers/Bravo Title/Bravo Lending

11:49 AM  
Blogger Marc Rasmussen said...

Thank you Tom. I appreciate your comment.

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home