Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Home Selling 101 Part 3

This is the 3rd and final post about a home I sold. You can read more in my Part 1 and Part 2 posts. We closed sucessfully on Monday with absolutely no hiccups or problems whatsoever. Preperation ahead of time makes the transaction go much more smoothly.

The home closed for $345,000 or $171 a square foot. Not too bad when you consider the average dollar per square foot for the neighborhood this year before my sale was $151. I achieved the highest dollar per square foot sales price this year. Also, we received a contract in 64 days. The average days on market for the neighborhood before my sale was 140 days.

To find how I did that read part 1 and part 2. In a nutshell my home:
  • Had excellent marketing
  • Was priced properly
  • Showed well
  • Had good representation ;-)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark,

It would be interesting to learn if the Fed rate cut will have a positive impact on buyer's psychology. I'm hoping this event will start moving buyers into the market.

Please keep us posted on buyer attitudes as this unfolds.

thanks,
Davd

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marc,

The latest Saunders blog entry mentions high volume at their call center.

Could this be a solid selling seaon?

Dave

10:54 AM  
Blogger Marc Rasmussen said...

I think this season will be very active. Prices have dropped. Sellers and Realtors have accepted it. There is some pent up demand.

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home